Hilfswerk is one of the largest nonprofit organizations providing social & health care services, child care and support for families in Austria, as well as it supports people who need help in various regions all over the world.
Hilfswerk employs a total of 9.809 people. Hilfswerk's overall yearly turnover was 256,94 Mio. Euro in 2013.
Hilfswerk Österreich with it's 7 regional organizations is the largest supplier of home care and childminders in Austria.
Our main fields are the care of
- elderly people
- ill persons
- children and young people.
For further information about the services of Hilfswerk in Austria please contact:
Hilfswerk Austria International (HWA) provides worldwide both humanitarian assistance after war and natural disasters as well as competent project management in development cooperation projects and programmes. Central to our efforts are the target groups, their health, the improvement of life conditions and opportunities as well as the support of families. Particular attention is paid to helping children in need. Additional to material support, efforts to increase their sustainable independency is a top priority. Our work is closely linked to the objectives of the Austrian and international development cooperation.
The main focus:
- Disaster relief after wars and natural disasters (emergency aid and reconstruction)
- Fight of poverty and hunger
- Education and training for children, youths and adults
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Agriculture and rural development
- Water and sanitation
- Promotion of small-scaled business and income generation
- Human rights and minorities
- Organisational development and capacity building
For further information about the services of Hilfswerk Austrial International please contact:
Hilfswerk Austria International
Address. Ebendorfersstraße 6/5, 1010 Wien
Phone. ++43 1 40 57 500-0
Fax. ++43 1 40 57 500-60
or see the german version of our