My Place Under The Sun
There are around 85.000 internally displaced persons (IDPs) and more than 47.000 minority returnees currently living in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). According to a survey conducted by the UNHCR during 2013 and 2014, a significant number of IDPs and returnees still live in unacceptable conditions. Hence Hilfswerk Austria International has, together with their partners, launched a project to identify durable solutions for the people in need.
- Ensuring durable solutions for the most vulnerable families of IDPs, minority returnees and women victims of war
- Improving housing conditions for the most affected families
- Raising awareness about the problems faced by the IDPs, returnees and women victims of war
The goals shall be achieved in close collaboration with international and local partners, as well as with authorities, local communities and civil society. Hilfswerk Austria International will especially focus on the sectors housing, income-generation and the economic support of small or medium-sized companies.
- Selection of beneficiaries
- (Re-)construction of 105 housing units – including infrastructure
- Creation of opportunities for self-employment and income-generation by awarding 231 individual grants
- Provision of financial assistance for 10 small or medium-sized companies in order to create new jobs for IDPs and returnees
- More than one hundred families through housing possibilities
- Around 230 people through self-employment opportunities
- 10 small to medium-sized companies
Municipalities: Bijeljina, Bosanski Petrovac, Derventa, Foča, Gradiška, Maglaj, Mostar, Prijedor and Živinice as well as Brčko District