Inclusive development in Guaviare
The bloody conflict in Colombia has lasted for decades. It has vanished from the headlines - but the suffering remains. Hilfswerk International has been actively in involved in development assistance in Colombia since 15 years. We support indigenous families, children and women on their way into a better future.
Colombia’s agricultural potential is vast - however, the indigenous population hardly profits from the natural prosperity of their region. Hilfswerk International supports families through inclusive agricultural development and sustainable cultivation methods. A special focus lies on river basin management in the Guaviare region.
- Integral, sustainable cultivation plans for about 300 family farms
- Revitalizing traditional agricultural plots and methods
- Supporting the integration of indigenous groups
- Support of locally manufactured handicrafts and their marketing
- Support of local innovation and small businesses
More than 32,000 children, mothers and fathers of the indigenous population and the farmers in the Guaviare region
Guaviare department in the southern central region of Colombia
This project is supported by